There isn’t a lot to say about this dress. It is a lovely easy style for summer and as always, I love the big pockets.
This is simply a shorter version of my fabric splurge dress dress with a few small modifications. I lowered the neckline a little, cut the back on the fold, and added an invisible front zipper. I also found I needed to trim back the armscyes quite a bit for the sleeveless version. But unfortunately, I didn’t think of doing this until I had already put the dress together. I ended up pinning the armscyes together and trimming a guestimate of excess fabric away. It wasn’t the most accurate way of doing things and I certainly won’t be doing it this way again, but it did get me out of a sticky situation.
I also experimented a little with ways to bind armscyes. I don’t particularly like commercial bias binding as I prefer to make it myself. I had already cut my own using the same fabric but the polyester wouldn’t press nor keep a fold, and it was so slippery that I new it would end up a big mess. In the end, I found this tutorial online. I now have a new way to bind armscyes. I could also see this method working beautifully with a contrasting fabric. My armscyes in this dress were a bit rushed and pretty messy, but I can see the potential. I would also make them much narrower next time.