All about this dress

THIS DRESS. It has been consuming my every waking (and sometimes sleeping) hour over the past few weeks. I have been staring at lines on the computer screen until I go cross-eyed. I’ve been sewing up samples by the dozen (much to the glee of my very lucky daughters). And I’ve topped it all off with a switch to WordPress.

I’m still polishing up my site and getting my head around navigating WordPress. I’ve also lined up a professional to tie up all the loose ends that I will no doubt miss. So you’ll have to forgive me if my room is a little untidy over the coming week. To make up for it, I’m going to leave you with some more pictures of the Twirl to Me dress. I make a lot of clothes for my girls, and yes, I am occasionally met with ambivalence. This dress elicits only excitement. It ticks all the boxes for my girls and I thoroughly enjoy seeing them in it. It’s girly, but not over the top. It’s swishy and swingy but it doesn’t trip them up. It’s comfortable and cool and oh so very pretty.

006

032

002

Miss very-nearly-Seven is wearing a Size 6 in the longer style. It is a perfect fit on her. I used quilting weight cotton for this version and little elastic loops at the back instead of fabric loops (because I can be lazy at times). I like using elastic loops for kids clothes. It makes it so much easier to fasten the buttons quickly, especially when there’s serious twirling to be done.

038

19 thoughts on “All about this dress

1. Janice

Very best wishes in your new venture. I love this – but I don’t have any little girls to sew for . Are you plannning any adult patterns in the future ? I would certainly be be interested in that !

Janice

1. Debbie Iles Post author

Thanks Janice! I wanted to start with something *small*. I have 3-4 adult patterns on the burner though!

2. highteaandhydrangeas

I am in love with this design, it really is one of those perfect little girls dresses! I will defiantly be making up one (or more!) for my little lady when it’s released 🙂 Can’t wait to see what you come up with next!

3. Karen Laing

Hi Debbie

Love love the pattern and can’t wait to see this for my three year old granddaughter. Just love the clothing you make for your little poppets.

4. Sallie

This is so cute! I need my nieces to quit growing so fast so I can make them something – I always see cute patterns like this but by the time I get my act together I have no idea what size they are anymore! Anyway, good luck with the pattern! It’s just darling.

5. Lee

This is the most gorgeous girls dress! Can’t wait to sew some up for my girls when you’ve released the final version. I’ve shown my girls every blog post/Instagram pic you’ve put up with this dress & they both love it! Look forward to seeing more inspiration when all those pattern testers are done! Exciting!

6. Kat @ House of Lane

Everything is looking good over here! Congrats on the move and the new pattern. Big things are happy in your part of blog land.

7. Carolyn

this is really cute! Good luck with your new pattern making adventure, I’m excited to see more! I’m sure your designs are going to be as stylish as you always are 🙂

8. poppykettle

Yay, another conversion to WP! I never once regretting moving back, although there are two plugins from blogger I do miss a little from time to name (namely – the ability to look through posts at high level by month without actually loading the posts….). I do love the ability to get notified of reply’s to comments 🙂
    But – this dress – is STUNNING. I’m a little behind on blog reading atm, so I’m presuming you’ve been busy drafting this? The curved panel neckline, the straps, circle skirt attached at empire line… there’s nothing not to love about this. I almost wish I had a little girl to sew for so I could steal this design from you and make one myself!

9. Pingback: Introducing the Twirl to Me dress: PDF pattern now available! | LILY SAGE & CO

10. Pingback: Little shorts | LILY SAGE & CO

11. Pingback: Miss Seven’s birthday dress and her all time favourite makes | LILY SAGE & CO

12. Pingback: A Twirl to Me dress for Miss Eight – LILY SAGE & CO