Tag Archives: diy

Lois Dress in Silk CDC

Pattern: Lois Dress from Tessuti Fabrics. I sewed a size 12 through the top bodice and graded down to an 8 through the hips, according to my body measurements. The pattern itself is precise. My grading estimates were not. I started sizing down a little high up in the dress and the result is it fits too tight through my rib cage where the seam is. I added two back wedges to help out a bit. The fit is pretty snug but too difficult to get on and off. I’d love to sew this dress up again but will add some more width and length to it next time.

Fabric: A beautiful silk crepe de chine from The Fabric Store. It is lightweight but not see-through, making this the perfect Summer fabric.

Merino Knit Scrapbust and Ivory Silk Sleeves

Top Pattern: Blend of Papercut Rise and Fall Turtleneck and Thread Theory’s Strathcona Henley. I posted more details on the modifications here. In this version, I shortened and flared the sleeves. I also shortened the body and added a waistband.

Fabric: Premium merino knits (195gsm) from The Fabric Store. Ivory sandwashed silk for the sleeves in version two, also from The Fabric Store.

Japanese Pattern Book Dress in Cream Linen

Pattern: Japanese Pattern Book by Asuka Hamada / ISBN978-4-579-11642-3

Modifications: Top skirt panel lengthened by 2-3 inches.

Fabric: Heavyweight linen in Cream, cotton blend jacquard. Both from The Fabric Store.

Evie Bias Cut skirt and Ogden Cami

wog1

Fabric: Part diamond viscose crepe from The Fabric Store

Patterns:

Evie bias skirt  by Tessuti Fabrics

Sewn in a straight size 8. No modifications other than I used 2cm elastic and folded the edge. Elastic waist view.

Ogden Cami by True Bias

Sewn in a straight size 8. Lengthened by 1 inch.

White linen top previously made here.

wog5

og9

All the pretty linen scraps

Here is another little scrapbust that I finished up the other day. It’s so very satisfying to use up the pretty little pieces leftover from past projects. It seems that I like blue a lot.

jpbtie11

You’ve seen the striped linen before here. The gingham here. And I made the plaid up as a short sleeve button up for my husband years ago!

jpbtie8jpbtie6jpbtie10jpbtie3

The pattern I used is from a Japanese Pattern Book. The ISBN is 978-4-579-11300-2. I sewed up style L in size 13. I found the sizing to be a little larger in this style than I expected. The neckline is especially wide. I can make a style like this work in linen though.

jpbtie4

 

Mito Cami Scrapbust

I’ve had this lovely Lisa Ho silk/cotton (from The Fabric Store) sitting in my stash for more than five years. There was only a little bit left, but I finally found the perfect project for it.

mito8

I paired it with a remnant of silk satin to make the prettiest Mito Cami ever! The pattern is by Papercut Patterns. It’s a lovely, easy fitting cami and dress design. I can picture myself making up the dress version to slip over a swimsuit in Summer.

 

I didn’t have the strap hardware on hand to make my straps adjustable so I simply cut and stitched the desired length in place to suit me. I sewed¬† up a size Small, which reflected my bust measurement pretty much spot on. I didn’t have to deal with my shoulders because of the strappy design.

mito7